Organize all your files on CDs/DVDs: photo, video, music, downloaded archives...and browse your collection offline!
This application is a powerful tool for cataloging all CDs, DVDs, floppies, ZIP disks, or other removable media, hard drives, network drives, or even FTP servers on the Internet (they are called volumes). Entire structure of volumes can be cataloged as well as internal structure of various archive files (ZIP, 7-ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LZH, CAB, TAR/GZIP, ACE, JAR and others) including self-extracting installers (EXE).
The application can automatically include contents of various commonly used files (such as readme.txt, file_id.diz) entirely or just in part into a catalog. Files can be processed by filters that can extract file summary or even create a thumbnail of the file. The current version is equipped with 18 filters which can extract for example song/interpreter/album name from MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV or VQF files; size, bit-depth, format and even thumbnail from images of over 40 file formats (JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, CDR etc.); properties of various sound files; obtain title, keywords, author, statistics from office documents (such as MS Word and Excel); title from HTML documents; or just copyright holder, name and version from executables. Comments can be added to any volume or folder. All filters are fully configurable, different file types can be associated to any filter.
The application can work with any type of files, be it programs from the Internet, CD magazines, music collections, photo-albums, or anything else.
Files and folders can be searched in the database even if the original media (or Internet connection for FTP servers) is not currently available and this works really fast. Using an average computer, you can find your file even faster than you would insert a CD disc into a drive. Searching can be done using various criteria, such as file name wildcards, substring, regular expressions...
» version 3.70 - posted on 2010-02-16
» version 3.60.f11 - posted on 2006-10-16
EULA - End User License Agreement
Software License Agreement for Disk Explorer Professional, version 3.7x
This is a legal agreement between you, the end user, and Tomas Jelinek which governs your use of the Disk Explorer Professional product.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE. PROMPTLY REMOVE IT FROM YOUR COMPUTER.
If you agree to what you read below, welcome to our software! If you have any questions about any part of this Software License Agreement, please send us e-mail about it (firstname.lastname@example.org). By using this version of Disk Explorer Professional you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Software License Agreement. Please remember - until you and us have an agreement in place, you are not allowed access to Disk Explorer Professional.
This Software License Agreement is for Disk Explorer Professional, version 3.7x only. Tomas Jelinek reserves the right to license, on the basis of a modified or entirely new license agreement, future versions of Disk Explorer Professional.
Copyright (c) 1999-2010 by Tomas Jelinek. All rights reserved.
Restrictions of use:
1. This software is free. It means that there is no cost or charge associated with the installation and use of Disk Explorer Professional. However, you are entitled to draw support and further services offered by Tomas Jelinek only by donating an adequate sum of money to Tomas Jelinek. Donations are always appreciated, of course!
2. You acquire no right to distribute the product and no right to copy the product unless agreed with Tomas Jelinek in a written form.
3. You agree not to decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the product.
4. You acknowledge that you obtain no ownership rights in the product under the terms of this Agreement. All rights in the product including but not limited to trade secrets, trademarks, service marks, patents, and copyrights are, shall be and will remain the property of Tomas Jelinek or any third party from whom Tomas Jelinek has licensed software or technology. All copies of the product delivered to you or made by you remain the property of Tomas Jelinek.
5. You may not remove any proprietary notices, labels, trademarks on the product or documentation.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY TOMAS JELINEK "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL TOMAS JELINEK BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.